Sound of Vitality

Blowin up Haengsin-dong. Holla!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to one and all. Classes were half empty today because of the new year. I think a lot of kids travel to see family and everything, especially since public school is off. It was a decent day of classes today (New Year's Eve). The kids were surprisingly not pissed to be in class today. In one of my classes today there was some vocab thing including the phrase 'falling off', and they didn't know what 'falling off' meant, and so I sort of mimed falling off a cliff. One of the kids (English name Hayden) mimed falling and being impaled on a spike. I took this as an educational opportunity. I drew on the chalkboard a man impaled through the back, lying prone and lifeless with chalky blood pouring down the massive thorn that skewered him.

Underneath I wrote 'Impale'. "Understand?" And they did.

Then Hayden made his own chalk drawing next to it of a man impaled by the head, with his brain pulled out and perched atop the barb, his body bisected, on half in a shark's mouth, then the barb impaling the man's head to begin with ended up being another shark's fin (when the masterpiece was complete). Hilarity ensued, though I feel pretty sure now that the whole art exhibition was borderline inappropriate.

Anyhow, here's the view from my classroom window - where I gaze when I'm sick of being in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment